2009-10-03

Animation

I'm having enormous difficulty just now. Well, the past three months really. I stopped animating about three months ago. I stopped modeling sometime in July, baling on a project for PBS entirely. No reading on the subject. No practice. Nothing.

It's just not there for me right now. There's no creativity. None. No drawing. No new ideas. No sketching anything out, or blocking something new. I can't remember the last time I even opened 3DS Max or Maya. Blender 3D, a program I fell in love with, I abandoned almost quickly as I fell for it. I don't know why. I can't explain it.

And it has me pretty frightened.

These are skills that have to be worked on continuously, every day, every week, every month. You don't get better by just reading and watching tutorials. You have to actually work on shit, and I haven't worked on anything in months. I was already pretty average. Now I'm probably pretty novice again, if even that, and that's not conducive to employment for anyone except those that produce the shittiest animation out there. You know, the kind for law office commercials. Oh shit, now that's going to show up in ads on the periphery here.

I haven't followed any of my favorite blogs - Animation Mentor, Keith Lango, Victor Navone, VFX World. None of it. I've unplugged from everything. And I can't pin down why. What the fuck could be my malfunction? I have to get to the bottom of it, but I don't even know where to start. I just don't have any idea where my mojo went.

Fuck.

No comments: